I have put this page together to display my CV, with personal statement, for companies that may be interested in my services as a writer.
Old Blog: eggambit.blogspot.com
I am a responsible, dependable and passionate worker, who is comfortable working as part of a team or as an individual. I have a determined mentality about everything I do in life, and feel persistence and concentration is key to being successful. I have a passion for sports, particularly football, and I am currently producing my own blog voicing my opinions on world football.
- Competent using Adobe InDesign
- Very experienced using all Microsoft Office products
- Experienced at networking and building lists of contacts
- Have used video recording and audio equipment as part of university course
Palmers College Sports and Fitness Centre Sept 2008 to Sept 2009
- Responsible for 4 to 8, 5 to 12 year old children during summer and Easter holidays
- Had to show organisational skills to keep children occupied from 9am until 5pm
- Showed initiative when circumstances did not permit certain outdoor sporting activities
Writer for MyFootballResults.co.uk Feb 2012 to May 2012
- I was responsible for researching and writing football news stories on Mondays and Fridays ready for editing
- I produced reports on allocated matches, providing critical analysis on the action
Melwood Recreation Centre Sports Program Leader (USA) May 2012 to Sept 2012
- I was trained to be a high ropes, rock wall and archery instructor, in order to teach children between the ages of 5 and 18 throughout the summer at a camp facility in Maryland, USA
- I was also leader of the sports program, which involved creating and running several sports sessions each week for the children
FourFourTwo Magazine (work placement) 17th Sept to 28th Sept 2012
- I spent two weeks researching feature ideas for the magazine and writing small pieces for the October 2012 issue of the magazine
Golf Monthly (work placement) 3rd Dec to 14th Dec 2012
- I have the opportunity to work for two weeks gathering experience and knowledge by researching ideas and hopefully writing some pieces for the website
BA Journalism and Publishing Studies, Middlesex University.
2010 to present
A levels from Palmers College in English Literature, Business Studies and Geography.
2007 to 2009
I am currently playing for a local Sunday League football team, and play tennis whenever possible. I am an avid golfer, and play with a local golf association, playing different courses around Essex and the surrounding areas once a month. I currently play off a handicap of 18, although this is not official.
I am passionate about writing, and enjoy writing for my personal blog. I also am developing ideas for a novel, which I have been working on for around a year and a half.
I love spending my relaxation time reading fiction, mostly crime and thriller fiction from the likes of Ian Fleming and Jeff Lindsay. I consider myself to be a very sociable and welcoming person, who loves to spend time with friends and meeting new people.
I spent the summer at a summer camp in America that caters for kids with and without disabilities. I was the sports program leader, which challenged my abilities to create and run unique activities that everyone could participate in. After camp I spent three weeks travelling around the east coast of America, where I visited Atlanta, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, Boston and New York, amongst other places. I would love to travel more in the future, or even have the opportunity to work abroad long term.